Tuesday, November 24, 2009

One more thing

I meant to post this a few weeks back but I forgot.

What does this image suggest to you?


If you said "a map of the neurons of the brain," you're on the right track, but you'd be wrong. This and this are neural maps of the brain. The above picture is actually a "Visualization of the various routes through a portion of the Internet."

If you've ever wondered how I come up with my ideas, this is how. I see something and I go, "Huh, that looks like something else I know." I am constantly seeing patterns and associations that others don't.

It's a wonder I haven't gone insane, or become a conspiracy theorist. But I'm a writer, which is close enough.

3 comments:

  1. Saying "I am constantly seeing patterns and associations that others don't" sounds a bit... pretentious. Not to mention a bit flawed.

    Especially since it's mentioned in B Cheswick, H Burch, S Branigans "Mapping and Visualizing the Internet" from 1999.

    The key difference I think is the difference between saying "huh? Well, that's interesting and useless" and trying to do something with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a writer. Pretension is baked into the mold. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw germs, what does that say about me, Doctor?

    Also I read Branigans and everything else was eclipsed by Zap Brannigan's sultry voice.

    ReplyDelete

The Fine Print


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial- No Derivative Works 3.0 License.

Creative Commons License


Erin Palette is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.